Thursday, September 06, 2007

Development DoggieSpace?

A while back ago a few former colleagues here at the Bank left to begin their own non-profit, the Development Marketspace, now known as GlobalGiving. I'm not sure for the name change, except that a developing country is now referred to by its emerging market. In my childhood they were known as 3rd world. Or perhaps the name was too close to Development Marketplace, a grassroots seed funding initiative Dennis and Mari started here in the Bank almost ten years ago. Personally I think one of the better initiatives of the Bank. But enough of tooting the horn of Dennis and Mari.

But that led me to wondering if there were any organizations for helping developing countries with their animal welfare systems. I googled International Dog Aid and Rescue. The ones that caught my eye were IFAW, dog aid international, IAKA and International Dog Rescue. And yes, they are all set up to take your donations online to help those less fortunate Canis lupus familiaris around the globe. I guess there are Development DoggieSpaces so to speak.

6 comments:

Asta said...

Yay fow anyone willing to help doggies less lucky than wea we..yes I'm a libwa,and so is My Daddi...and then thewe's cwazy Mommi ,Sag. to add some life to the mix,hehehe
Thanks fow stopping by,it's nice to meet you
smoochie kisses
Asta

Anonymous said...

I hope that you win the bet. I didn't mind reading about your canines! Ruthie

Bella said...

Hi there 3 dogs cache
- I wish I could see more pictures of you.
Another internaltional group working in developing nations is WSPA check out http://www.wspa-international.org/
Have a great weekend.
Wuffs
Bella

Girl Girl Hamster said...

I just drop by to say HI. :)
It sure is nice for any hoomans to do what they can to help the less fortunate doggies

~ Girl girl

Nat said...

So, how's that bet coming?

Susan said...

Impressive web site, Distinguished feedback that I can tackle. I am moving forward and may apply to my current job as a pet sitter, which is very enjoyable, but I need to additional expand. Regards
things to do