Friday, November 30, 2007

Dog Ugly?

A fellow dog blogger, who will remain anonymous, has declaired my 3dogs as ugly. "Ugly" a direct quote from his mouth to my ears. Now I ask you, does a REAL dog lover ever think any dog is ugly? He came about his dog late in life, well okay, in his mid-fourties. But up until then, I don't think he had any great love for four legged creatures...though to be fair, that is my thought, not his. And I wonder, how you can look at a dog, I mean really look at a dog, in their eyes, see and feel their unconditional love and think they are ugly? Of course, we always love and adore what is closest to us. And I can honestly say that this anonymous blogger loves and adores his dog. But does that warrant the comment that mine are ugly?

9 comments:

Nat said...

By ugly, I of course am referring to Maggie. Andy and Ellie are relatively normal looking, perhaps even a trifle boring. Maggie, though, is a type of dog which has been bred to an eccentric standard-- furrowed brow, huge dewlaps, itsy-bitsy eyes-- the characteristics of which invite some ridicule when compared ur-canine, or typical dog. Listen, would you feel better if I said "butt ugly."

Jan said...

Someone also called my four dogs ugly. Maybe not the same tasteless individual as called your dogs ugly, but definitely another misguided soul

fee said...

merry christmas, guys! may your day be filled with good food, good cheer and wonderful company!

loves,
fee

Charlie - The Big Dog said...

Wo! Guys!

Whats this all about?

C$

Katherine and Pippa said...

No dogs are ugly. What a silly comment.

I do not think I am ugly.


Pippa

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

Humans who think dogs are ugly are ugly on the inside.

Anonymous said...

Small minds think small thoughts and say small things. Ignorant, small comments are meant to be swept away. Poor guy. He has no idea what he's missing. This is my first visit to your blog, and my response at the photos was, "oh, what lovelies!" Your dogs are beautiful, loved, healthy, enriched, and soulful. Ignore the small-minded goombah and his sad, ignorant, meaningless comment. take care!

Anonymous said...

To paraphrase The Velveteen Rabbit: no one who is truly loved can ever be ugly.
- - - - - - -
Jack@PDB
dog beds and more

Susan said...


Hmm!! This blog is really cool, I’m so lucky that I have reached here and got this awesome information.
pikdo